Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pencil and Paper

It feels strangely odd to be writing in a journal - blogging, really. It's been years since I've written down feelings of my own that doesn't have to do with my beauty blog. I had a sudden urge to create this blog and measure my life in posts. Why not, right? It's one thing to keep it to yourself, but another to lose your memory one day and not remember a single thing.

Anyway, I created this blog to document my journeys as a writer. I'm not really a author-writer, but we're all writers in our own right - whether it's mapping out our lives in words or having ambitious goals. I've always written stories my whole life - everything from short fiction to scripts to novel sized works, but it's something I have kept personal for too long.

There is this unfinished story that I've been working on for over a year and kept it stored away simply because I got writers block and didn't know how it should end. Happy ending or sad ending or... bittersweet? Certainly the cheesy element of a happy ending didn't make me want to continue (although I am a sucker for fluffs and rom coms!), but an angsty ending is too far removed for my taste. But then I realized... I didn't have an ending for my story because I wanted to live in and enjoy my characters' journeys. I didn't want to plan the end because that would essentially be the end of the journey. I fear endings, they are sad even if they are meant to be happy. Happily ever after doesn't equate to happiness; it's a state of mind, a goal. Happily ever after is the ambiguous ending that only implies happiness, but it's essentially the end.

The fun is in the adventure, not the ending.

Anyway, I hope I don't sound bitter. If it did, it was totally unintentional. In my next post, I hope to add a little daily fiction. A vignette or two.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. I admire those people who have their passion and also keep it going, no matter what other people gonna say, as long as you enjoy yourself, that's all matters.
    I think writing is fascinating,but for me it's a real headache because it's not my native language.I'm struggling every day because I have to do it, no matter how many errors I made. So I think for you or other people who can write or have the talent to write, you should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ree: Thank you for your comment, that was genuinely sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so excited for this! i have been passionate about writing myself but oftentimes get so caught up in the materialistic that i forget about the ethereal. my parents never understood a lot of what i liked, but now they're opening up more. it's ALWAYS worth it to write your thoughts out - how else will the world be invited to the cozy home inside your head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fun is in the adventure, not the ending.i like it

    ReplyDelete